layered sweater (3.1 Phillip Lim) leather runners (old u.o.) hat & accessories (bamboo sky, current & old) Captive Sandals (Shoe Cult x Nastygal) clutch (zara)
A couple things about yesterday's look! First off, if you didn't already know I'm a sweater collector/connoisseur/freak and oddly enough my sweater collection grew only AFTER I moved back to humid Hawaii. My most coveted are my grey ones, particularly the marled ones. That natural hand knit texture with uneven fibers, random slubs and rolled edges make my heart swoon. So when I spotted this 3.1 Phillip Lim layered marled sweater, I HAD TO HAVE. Plus, the layering! Ahhh the clever combination of heavy chunky knit juxtaposed to thin silky nothingness. Best part about this sweater is that I scored it on POSHMARK!
Which brings me to the next point because another rad Poshmark score is my ZARA "Stressed, But Well Dressed" clutch. If you haven't already signed up, you're missing out on a huge opportunity to get rid of your preloved items and cash in for $$$. Or you can recycle your money, by shopping other people's preloved items using the "credits" your earned from your sales. I'm pretty selective when it comes to using my earned money though. I usually redeem my balance and have it direct deposited into my bank account, but these two pieces were worth it. Only downside to "poshing" is the time investment. It's like running your own little store. People are drawn to nice, clear photos and prefer detailed descriptions so it takes some patience to get the sales rolling. Be prepared for hagglers, but don't be offended because after all, you are selling second had items.
SHOP SIMILAR BLACK, MARLES AND WHITES!
And finally, the make-up. Notice I went more glam that usual? Trust me, I'm all about the 0-10 min make-up application, but occasionally I get a wild hair up my ass and want to have a little fun! To contrast yesterday's neutral OOTD, I went with a frosty purple eye and vamp lips using all MAC products. Below are the "ingredients" (Obviously I need to get more Shroom and Soba) *** Whoopsie, I made a mistake and was too lazy to re-do my diagram, but where ever, I put "Oh My Darling" I meant "Jest"***
You can buy this "Showstopper" quad palette here. It includes Show Stopper (top L) Jest (top R) Mineralism (bottom L) Showstopper (bottom L)
- Prep the canvas with SPF moisturizer, Stila CC Cream, concealer and loose powder.
- Use Jest (sorry I meant Jest, not Oh My Darling) on center of lid.
- Blend Espresso from outer corners of eye towards middle of eye in the crease line.
- Near lash line on the outer edge of eye, apply Showstopper with smudge brush and blend gently with blending brush
- Apply Crystal over Espresso and a little higher up just below brow bone
- (optional) Use Soba on inner, upper part of eye socket to created illusion of depth if you have non-dimensional Asian eyes like me.
- Blend Mineralism from inner corner of eye to almost mid-eye slightly over Soba, but not over Jest.
- Apply Shroom to brow bone.
- Here you can add a cat-eye with your liner of choice and mascara.
- Use Stubborn Brown Power Point Eye Pencil on bottom lid and set with Showstopper using smudge brush.
- Fill brows using Lingering Brow Pencil on inner brow and Brunette Brow Pencil on arches and towards outer brow.
- Lightly apply Golden Bronzer under cheek bones and blend with powder brush for a more natural shadow effect.
- Apply cream color Base in Pearl to bridge of nose using finger. Be sure to blend this as well.
- Line lips with lip pencil in Burgundy and fill with Media.
Have fun playing with your make-up!!